MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

My blog, my say. Of course, there's a limit. But sometimes, I can't help it.
Pale




Contact info
msn : funky_orange93@hotmail.com
Credits
Layout by wickedicy
Resources : Image & JS
Welcome
The contents you read leaves here & no where else.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:29 PM
OCIP Day 3 & Day 4
Continue with my journey in Mae Chaem, Thailand.

Day 3
Like yesterday (Day 2), we'd walk to school and have assembly.
The team then went up to class and clear the air for which itenaries which we were quite unsure of.
Firstly, we had Ice Breaker games in the morning.
After few minutes of break, we started our teaching using simple English words.
The thing that I envy about Thai students are that they always took initiative to volunteer themselves, pays attention to someone who's talking/giving instructions and they are not shy to ask any questions they are unsure of.
Of course, it's fun taking pictures with them as well because you don't have to force them to take them with you.
Haha :P
School ended early unexpectedly by half an hour thus it's some sort of major setback because we haven't finish teaching them.
However, due to their cooperation and attention given I somehow managed to find a way.
We ended slightly late and mission accomplished.


After being in the school for half a day, the OCIP went to Karen Village.
Wen Hao is scared of chickens and I must say I pity him because the rest were making fun out of it.
After visiting some homes to see their living conditions which were quite run down, we walked to the paddy field.
It was huge and we had fun beating the bundle of wheats to get the rice out.
& This hardwork made me felt that you shouldn't waste a grain of rice because it's really tough.
Seriously, I think we got to appreciate the efforts of the farmers.
I felt envious towards the Karen people because they can still manage themselves emotionally and physically despite the limited resources.


Cheeeeeeeeese!

Went back to Pam View Hotel, settled down and met at a food place across our Hotel.
It's very near, so it's convinient.
After dinner, we went to the Boys' bungalow and gathered there have out daily reflection.
It was a chore as it was a very long gathering and it sucks to share your reflections, alright ):
Went to bed roughly around 0145 Singapore time.

Day 4
As usual, we would walk to school.
However, the OCIP Team can't seem to adapt to walking long distances and would end up panting once we reached the school.
All of us wore our jackets on while making our way there because it was cold.
As soon as we reached the school, jackets were taken off as we're breaking cold sweat.
Haha!
In school, ELT Team had to prepare some logistic items for the day's English Playing Corner to be oficially opened.
It was a successful event, tengok lah siape yang sort out the cock-ups :P
After lunch, the Team carried out charades challenge and as usual when we have free time, it means we'll be going out in the outdoors to play play play!
The team played together in a rumble of a basketball game against the Thai students.
It. Was. Wild.
& I love soaking myself up in the Sun :D
That explains why I became a bit darker especially my face ):
We left the school and went back to our hotel to get some rest because the night itself, we'll be having a Kantoke Dinner requested by Mr Chong.
& That night, we were treated like VIP's and flowers were hung around our necks for us by our Thai friends.
Had dinner 3 Singaporeans 4 Thai per table basis and watch some performances.
After which, we had a fashion show -.-
& I swore all of us were the league of superheroes bunch of horny famous superstars with hundreds of cameras flashing right in our eyes.
Then we had our Kratong festival of which a big hot air balloon (Or what?) was being heated up, had to make a wish and release it into the sky.
Want to know what I wanted to wish for?


Haha, fat hope (:

I'll be posting Day 5 & 6 of my OCIP trip tomorrow.

Bye!




Love,ABJ